October 30-31, 2013
Lots of work on my ‘Bot.
I have re-built the chassie and drive system. I will also use Bluetooth for the control link. This all will be documented after my trip next week.
However, with Halloween just around the corner, I have added a skin that is a KillBot. If I get things done fast enough – the head will slowly open, they will take their candy, and the jaws will then slam shut. If I can’t get it done in time, I will just prop the head open.That thing on top is a LED strobe that also plays scary noises. It’s motion/sound activated.
Here are some pictures:
Also a look at some of the internals.
I changed my motor drive system/wheels to use electric scooter wheels. They are from a Razor 200ES from http://www.electricscooterparts.com. Each one includes a drive cog for a belt built in. It also included a axel and brake which I did not use. The wheel cog has 72 teeth and the motor cog has 13 teeth. This give a wheel speed of 0.18 of the motor speed. The motor full speed is 600 RPM at 12v. This has proved much more successful.
After Halloween I will remove the Skin and Teeth and get back to your regular robot build.